Protect your Fiberglass RV from irreparable damage by washing it once a month to prevent buildup. Choose a cleaner with a wax additive to help with a clean finish and makes dirt harder to settle. It is prudent to have your RV waxed, with liquid or paste wax, at least once a year to maintain the gloss.
How do you clean and polish a fiberglass RV?
As Wade demonstrates, restoring fiberglass gel coat by hand is a four-step process:
- Apply product to a simple kitchen non-scratch scrub sponge.
- Work in the product (while wet) by hand (see product recommendations below video)
- Polish until you don’t feel any resistance.
- Wipe off excess with a clean, dry rag.
What is the best coating for a fiberglass RV roof?
There are some economical options when it comes to coating your RV roof.
- Heng’s Rubber Roof Coating – Editor’s Pick.
- Rubberseal Liquid Rubber Waterproofing and Protective Coating – Editor’s Pick.
- Dicor Fiberglass RV Roof Coating – Editor’s Pick.
- Dicor Elastomeric Coating – Editor’s Pick.
- Proguard Liquid Roof – Editor’s Pick.
Can I wash my RV with Dawn dish soap?
If you don’t know how to wash an RV, you might assume you can simply use dish soap and water. But regular soap will strip away your RV’s coating while also leaving a film, so don’t do it. Instead, buy an RV cleaner that is tough enough to remove dirt and dust, but not too hard on the paint.
What is the best fiberglass oxidation remover?
Best Boat Oxidation Remover – Our Top 6
|Meguiar’s M4916 Marine/RV Heavy Duty…||$15.99||Check Price|
|Fiberglass Oxidation Remover and Color…||$16.99||Check Price|
|Bio-Kleen M00707 Oxidation Remover, 32 Oz.||$16.10||Check Price|
|Meguiar’s M6732 Marine/RV One Step Compound,…||$25.99||Check Price|
How long does a fiberglass RV roof last?
Average lifespan: Fiberglass roofs can last around 10-20 years as well. There are several specific ways these roofs can become damaged, so it is worth reading the user’s manual and putting in some regular maintenance work to keep your fiberglass roof in good shape.