How do you stop a campervan from being stolen?
Make sure your motorhome is fitted with an alarm and an immobiliser. Loud noises will attract immediate attention, deterring thieves, while immobilisers will make the process of stealing your motorhome all but impossible, even if they have managed to bypass the alarm.
How do you secure a camper van?
When at home, keep the keys to your van or motorhome in a secure place apart from everyday keys. Using steering/gear clamps when your van is in storage. Install a tracking device in your vehicle in the unfortunate event of a stolen van. Keep your valuable items out of view from anyone looking in the windows.
How can I stop my van from being stolen?
Don’t Become a Victim: How to Prevent Van and Tool Theft
- Lock your van. We know this is an obvious one. …
- Don’t leave your van keys by the front door. …
- Don’t leave valuables on display. …
- Store your tools sensibly. …
- Invest in additional security. …
- Park for prevention. …
- Ensure your van has an alarm and immobiliser fitted. …
What do thieves do with stolen campers?
Most thieves steal these items, because they are hard to trace and thieves can quickly and easily turn them into cash. Thieves can sell your trailer (or what was your trailer) in states that do not require a title at the time of sale, and they can sell your tools from the trailer at a pawn shop in another city.
Do camper vans get stolen?
1. Storage and parking. If you keep your motorhome in secure storage it can still be susceptible to being stolen. … Some storage sites are often unmanned or have CCTV which is not actively monitored, so thieves can take their time in bypassing the vehicle’s security, without anyone noticing that it’s even been stolen!
Which van is most secure?
Some of the top-rated Vans for higher security are the Nissan Primastar, Ford Transit, and VW Caddy just to name a few.
How do thieves steal vans?
Vans with a keyless ignition system are increasingly being unlocked by means of so-called “relay attacks”. This method involves a thief intercepting the signal from your smart key using a smart computer, amplifying it and then sending it to someone with a transmitter near to your van.
Are VW campers a good investment?
With their consistent popularity and brand recognition, VW camper vans retain their value much better than other brands. … With any vehicle, you can expect depreciation to occur, but the VW camper vans prove to be an excellent investment by the time you are looking to resell the vehicle.
Are camper vans in high demand?
Greg Wilson, Quotezone founder, said: ‘Motorhomes are becoming increasingly popular and with the current pandemic grounding most flights for the foreseeable future, it is likely there will be a sharp rise in demand for motorhomes in 2021, as people explore the joys of staycations.