Properly equipped the 2016 Ford Escape towing capacity is 3,500 lbs with 2.0-liter EcoBoost and Class II Trailer Tow Package, the maximum towing capacity.
Can a Ford Escape tow a camper?
Even without the upgraded trailer towing package, the Ford Escape can still tow an RV. The 2.5L models can tow up to 1,500 pounds, while the 1.5 L models can tow up to 2,000 pounds.
Can you add a tow package to a Ford Escape?
(1) Escape does not offer factory-installed towing equipment for this application; only available as dealer accessory. (2) Requires optional Class II Trailer Tow Package (536). Notes: • Certain states require electric trailer brakes for trailers over a specified weight.
How do I know if my Ford Escape has a tow package?
There are some obvious indicators that Your car came with a tow package. For instance, it will have A4-pin trailer wiring harness included. There will be a hitch receiver and a trailer sway control as well. If You have any of this, then You have a tow package, so try to locate the other items in the car.
What does Ford Escape tow package include?
The towing package includes a 4-pin trailer wiring harness, a hitch receiver, and trailer sway control. Trailer sway control is particularly useful, since it can keep you and other drivers safe. When sway is detected, the Escape’s systems will automatically adjust to keep everything under control.
What SUVs can tow 5000 pounds?
10 SUVs That Can Tow 5000 Lbs.
- Chevrolet Tahoe — 8,600-lb Tow Capacity.
- Ford Expedition — 9,300-lb Tow Capacity.
- GMC Yukon — 8,500-lb Tow Capacity.
- Dodge Durango — 8,700-lb Tow Capacity.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee — 7,200-lb Tow Capacity.
- Toyota Sequoia — 7,400-lb Tow Capacity.
- Nissan Pathfinder — 6,000-lb Tow Capacity.
Can you add a tow package to a 2017 Ford Escape?
Hitch and Wiring for 2017 Ford Escape with 2.0L EcoBoost AWD For your 2017 Ford Escape we offer several 2-inch Class III hitches that are shown on the linked page. As long as your Escape doesn’t have the factory Class II towing package you can install Draw-Tite hitch #75758 and 4-pole wiring harness…
How much does it cost to put a trailer hitch on a Ford Escape?
You can expect hitch installation to start around $100 and go up to $800. Keep in mind, that you’ll also have to buy the tow hitch and other parts separately (which can easily run you another $150–$200).