Some RV thermostats are heat-only, meaning they can only work with RVs that have heating systems — not heating and cooling systems. Other thermostats are heating and cooling compatible. Make sure you’re looking at thermostats that are compatible with what your RV has.
Is an RV thermostat the same as a house thermostat?
No, RV thermostats are not the same as house thermostats. RV thermostats run on 12 volts DC power source while home thermostats run on 24 volts AC power source. It has been implied that some home thermostats may work in an RV, but it is not recommended.
What voltage is a camper thermostat?
Without a battery, your thermostat will be powered by the RV’s electrical system. All RV thermostats run on 12V so your heater will work if you aren’t plugged in. For a 12V powered thermostat, you’ll need to check your fuses.
What can I replace my Dometic thermostat with?
- Best Overall Option. Honeywell Focuspro 5000 Thermostat. Honeywell Focuspro 5000 Thermostat. …
- Upgrade Option. Dometic Comfort Control Center. Dometic Comfort Control Center. …
- Value Option. Heagstat Non-programmable Electronic Thermostat. …
- Alternative Option. Coleman Mach RV Camper Thermostat.
How do I know if my RV thermostat is bad?
4 Ways to Tell if an RV Thermostat is Bad
- Problem 1- The Thermostat is Unresponsive or has No Power.
- Problem 2 – The A/C or Heater Won’t Switch On.
- Problem 3 – The Heater or A/C Runs Continuously and Won’t Switch Off.
- Problem 4 – The Setting Doesn’t Match the Temperature Inside the RV.
Can I replace thermostat myself?
It is possible to save some money by installing or replacing your thermostat yourself, but you will need: Basic electrical knowledge. A general understanding of the type of equipment being used.
Will a 24v thermostat work on 12v?
Most 24 volt ac thermostats work acceptably well for RV use on 12 volt DC. You will need a battery, but you’ve done that. The Rc and Y terminals are the ones you want to use to control the air conditioner compressor and the Rc and G will control the fan.
How do you test an analog thermostat?
How to Test an Old Thermostat
- Step 1: Turn off HVAC power. This can be done by switching the furnace to the off position if your system has an on/off switch. …
- Step 2: Remove thermostat cover. …
- Step 3: Remove wires from terminals. …
- Step 4: Turn the HVAC power back on. …
- Step 5: Test other wires.
Can I upgrade my RV thermostat?
Easy to replace.
You don’t need to be an RV HVAC expert to swap out your current thermostat. It’s an easy upgrade or update to make, with a few wires and simple screws alone.
How do I reset my Dometic thermostat?
Press the “+” button and, while holding it, also press and hold the On/Off Mode button for three seconds. LCD will show ― ― . Press the On/Off Mode button again to turn system off. This completes the initialization.
How do you test a Dometic thermostat?
Checking a Dometic thermostat is a quick and easy process.
- Take note of the four vertical switches on the thermostat. …
- Set the thermostat for whether you want your home to be warmer or cooler. …
- Turn the “Fan” on or off. …
- Set the thermostat to the desired temperature.