Thor Motor Coach makes some of the best motorhomes out there. While many people prefer the company’s Class A motorhomes or the company’s Class B, Super C, or RUVmotorhomes, the standard Class C motorhomes are some of the best models out there for couples and families.
Are Thor motorhomes any good?
With these issues, you might be asking, “Why do so many people buy Thor RVs if they are so bad?” The answer is that they are cheap entry-level RVs and can actually be a decent way to begin the lifestyle. Yes, you will likely run into many issues.
What is the best engine for a motorhome?
X15. The most popular heavy-duty engine in North America, the X15 is capable of powering premium motorhomes of any size with up to 605 hp and 1950 lb-ft of peak torque. The X15 also has best-in-class braking horsepower, for greater vehicle control.
What is the most reliable RV brand?
The Most Reliable RVs of 2019
- Entegra. Entegra has been in the RV manufacturing business for over 50 years. …
- Airstream. Airstream is one of the oldest and most iconic RV manufacturers. …
- Winnebago. …
- Forest River. …
- Coachmen. …
- Oliver Travel Trailers.
What is the best motorhome for the money?
The 6 Best Diesel Motorhomes For The Money
- 2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 Class A Diesel Motorhome.
- 2020 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 31 BR Class A Motorhome.
- 2020 Winnebago Era 70A Class B Diesel Motorhome.
- 2020 Dynamax Corp DX3 37BH Class C Motorhome.
- 2020 Forest River Forester 2401Q MBS Class C Motorhome.
How long has Thor been making motorhomes?
Welcome to Thor Motor Coach, the #1 Motorhome Brand in North America, producing nearly 1 out of every 4 motorhomes sold each year. Formed in 2010 as a strategic merger of Damon Motor Coach and Four Winds International, we build many of the world’s most recognized motorhomes.
Is Coachmen owned by Thor?
It purchased Coachmen, Viking, Dynamax, Prime Time, Palomino, Shasta, Sportscoach, and Georgie Boy. To continue the Thor investment model, Forest River, Inc. and its divisions were acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, a major investment firm owned by Warren Buffett. Here’s an example of ‘Big-Buying-Little.
What RVs not to buy?
Top RV Brands to Avoid
- Thor Hurricane. The Thor Hurricane doesn’t have the panache of well-known RV manufacturers such as Winnebago or Fleetwood. …
- Coachmen. The Coachmen brand is a subsidiary of Forest River and has been making RVs since 1964. …
- Gulfstream. …
- Forest River. …
- Fleetwood. …
How much does a Thor motorhome cost?
They range in price from around $4,000 up to $500,000 or more and fall under various categories, so you can choose an RV that checks all of your boxes.