Wash the fiberglass with a sponge using a solution of 1 cup of liquid laundry detergent and 1 gallon of warm water. Rinse the soap off by spraying the RV with a garden hose. Allow the surface to dry naturally. Use a product called MEK and wipe down the fiberglass with it to remove grease and oils.
What can I use to clean the outside of my camper?
Use a mild soap that is compatible with the surface of the RV. Use a long handled brush with soft bristles to reach the high areas and a wash glove or mitt for the easy to reach areas. Rinse the area you plan to wash first and always wash from the top down.
How do I make my fiberglass camper shine?
As Wade demonstrates, restoring fiberglass gel coat by hand is a four-step process:
- Apply product to a simple kitchen non-scratch scrub sponge.
- Work in the product (while wet) by hand (see product recommendations below video)
- Polish until you don’t feel any resistance.
- Wipe off excess with a clean, dry rag.
What is the best fiberglass oxidation remover?
Best Boat Oxidation Remover – Our Top 6
|Meguiar’s M4916 Marine/RV Heavy Duty…||$15.99||Check Price|
|Fiberglass Oxidation Remover and Color…||$16.99||Check Price|
|Bio-Kleen M00707 Oxidation Remover, 32 Oz.||$16.10||Check Price|
|Meguiar’s M6732 Marine/RV One Step Compound,…||$25.99||Check Price|
Can I pressure wash my travel trailer?
You should never pressure wash or power wash your RV because of the high-pressure of the water will damage your RV’s exterior surfaces and components. As well, pressure washing injects water into crevices that may seep into your RV’s interior.
Can I use Dawn to wash my RV?
If you don’t know how to wash an RV, you might assume you can simply use dish soap and water. But regular soap will strip away your RV’s coating while also leaving a film, so don’t do it. Instead, buy an RV cleaner that is tough enough to remove dirt and dust, but not too hard on the paint.
How do you restore faded Fibreglass?
How to Restore Faded Fiberglass
- Fill a bucket with warm water and mix in a mild detergent. Thoroughly scrub the surface of the fiberglass with a sponge to remove any dirt or other buildups. …
- Apply rubbing compound in circular motions directly on the oxidized areas, using a clean rag.
How do you remove heavy oxidation from fiberglass RV?
To restore oxidized RV fiberglass, you simply need a little elbow grease and some polishing compound. Apply the polishing product with an ordinary non-scratch kitchen scrubby sponge. Work the polish into the surface by hand, and polish until you don’t feel any more resistance. Allow the polish to dry and haze over.
What is the best wax for RV?
Here are some of the best waxes for RVs.
- 1.) Meguiar M5616 RV Wax. …
- 2.) Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax. …
- 3.) Turtle Wax T-477R ICE RV Wax. …
- 4.) CorrosionX 61002 Rejex RV Wax. …
- 5.) 303 Aerospace Protectant RV Wax. …
- 6.) 3M Marine Restorer & RV Wax. …
- 7.) Meguiar M5032 RV Wax.